At Divorce Tool Box, we recognize that divorce help is not “one size fits all.” While some areas of concern apply to all divorcing couples, there are many questions which are specific to those with children alone. That’s why we’ve created two versions of Divorce Tool Box: Divorcing With Children, and Divorcing Without Children.
Explore the tabs below to learn more about our Divorcing Without Children program. If you would like more information about the Divorcing With Children program, you can find that here.
Session 1: FOCUS ON YOU
Session 1 - Focus on You
Before you begin working toward divorce, you must become psychologically fit to balance the demands of a stressful life transition. Emotions can be at an all time high, making concentration and coping difficult. Take charge of your divorce by learning to take care of you!
- Learn how to identify divorce stressors, apply techniques to reduce them and learn to effectively manage your divorce
- Identify the shifting of responsibilities and additional demands created by divorce, and learn to balance them well
- Almost every person who experiences divorce faces grief, whether they were the one to pursue the divorce, or their partner was. Learn to identify the grief stages and how to transition through them in a healthy manner
- Learn how to protect your professional life during divorce by maintaining your emotional health and productivity at work
- Your physical and mental health can be affected during divorce. Learn how to protect both to enhance your endurance in the midst of stress
The goal of session one is to focus on you – where you are in your divorce, your emotional process, and how you can best cope with the challenges you face.